RFoG-compliant Optical Network Units
ARRIS provides leading-edge, RFoG-compliant Optical Network Units (R-ONUs) that enable cable operators to easily deploy advanced fiber-to-the-home and fiber-to-the-building topologies which provide complete subscriber support while seamlessly integrating with existing headend and back-office technology. ARRIS R-ONUs support any RFoG solution that uses standard industry wavelengths to and from the customer premises. A large variety of model options are available to support worldwide deployments, features, and applications, including Single Dwelling Unit (SDU), Multi-Dwelling Unit (MDU), and High-Output MDU installations. All models with 1610 nm returns support the optical overlay of both 1G and 10G PON signals without impacting existing RFoG services. PON pass-through versions are available with either 1G, or 10G and 1G connectivity, enabling operators to deploy advanced data services as required.
ARRIS's innovative "OBI-free" R-ONU eliminates Optical Beat Interference (OBI) that has been an issue in traditional RFoG deployments. OBI-free R-ONU technology supports multiple, simultaneous upstream RF channel transmissions, enabling multiple MAC domains and full DOCSIS® 3.0 channel usage to efficiently coexist, while also fully using available upstream bandwidth for RF returns.
One version of OBI-free technology is currently supported: a manual upstream selection model that supports up to 16 R-ONUs transmitting into a single receiver input. Lower cost unmanaged (non-OBI-free) R-ONUs are also available.
ARRIS R-ONUs support all standard return passbands with forward bandwidths up to 1.2 GHz. 1310 nm returns are an option on non-OBI-free models. All units are constructed in rugged cast metal housings and meet wide temperature ranges for both indoor and outdoor installations. Protective outdoor enclosures are purchased separately.
Note: specifications are subject to change without notice.
- RFoG ONUs for SDU and MDU installations, including high-gain (48 dBmV) MDU applications
- Standards-compliant, "OBI-free" models support DOCSIS 3.0 upstream operation
- Managed and unmanaged OBI-free options support a variety of worldwide implementation needs
- Managed models support 16 ONUs per receiver
- 1 Gbps/10 Gbps PON pass-through versions support fast-growing RF+PON applications
- 5-42, 5-65, or 5-85 MHz return options on 1610 nm wavelength
- 51, 85, or 102 to 1218 MHz (1.2 GHz) forward bandwidth options on 1550 nm wavelengths
- Rugged cast housings meet tough environmental conditions
- Indoor and outdoor mounting options